My Fashion Film; The Final Cut

There was not a huge amount left to do in order to create my final film – I just had to act on the feedback that Pascal gave me, and just fine tune everything else…

So the first thing I did was act on Pascal’s feedback, he said that the Non-addictive transitions were not needed and he wanted to just be able to see more of the final make-up look. Therefore, I changed the Non-addictive transitions to the Film Dissolve transitions. The reason I chose this particular transition (rather than the Cross Dissolve transition that I have also used quite regularly throughout my film) is because whenever the final make-up look is involved I have used a more dramatic transition. The Cross Dissolve was just a transition I used when the music was quite flowy and soft and it overlapped a lot of my clips. Every time there was a glimpse of the final make-up look, whether it was blurred, or whether it was for a long/short period of time, I still used the Film Dissolve, therefore I have decided to be consistent and keep the Film Dissolve transitions wherever the final make-up look is involved, and to use the Cross Dissolve for the individual make-up looks. By making these changes, I feel that this allows my film to flow slightly better and it allows the audience to focus entirely on the make-up looks, and thus the concept of my film.

The only other alteration I made to my film was that during my last version, I could not get one of the transitions to overlap between 2 clips – it was just attached to the start of one, meaning that the merging was not as seamless as I wanted, and it made one of the highlighter make-up clips last slightly too long within the film.

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 12.36.17

The Film Dissolve transition would not move to the centre of the 2 clips…

At first, I considered just leaving it because it was not that noticeable, but as time went on, and I re-watched my film, it began to annoy me a lot more. Therefore, I did some research on the internet, and managed to find a forum where someone else had the same problem. It was actually really easy to solve – all I had to do was look at the effect controls on the transition, and make sure that the alignment was ‘Center at Cut’, instead of ‘Start at Cut’. And there we go, problem solved!

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 12.36.53

My final sequence in Premiere:Final premiere sequence

Overall, I am actually really pleased with my fashion film! It turned out much better than I expected, and I was able to translate the ideas from my head into an actual film. I feel that I have gained a lot of knowledge, especially with using Premiere, and I know that this is good to have an understanding of this for future reference. I am happy with the content of my film, and I feel that I have a strong concept/message within my film, which I hope viewers will find intriguing. I have also definitely learnt the importance of music and sound effects, because I feel that the music really made my film, and gave it a lot more dimension and impact. I have enjoyed this unit much more than I thought I would, and I love the fact that I have a video as an outcome, rather than just a photo. So, here it is…

Fallacy – the final version:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s